7/27/11


















Okay, I know some of you have seen some of these paintings before. I'm reposting them because: A.... I'm not totally sure which ones I've posted. B.... Even if I've posted them before it's been a while. And C...I'm really trying to get the word out about what I'm doing and focus on painting.



By the way, I'm gonna use "C" as the reason I'm so behind on posting on this blog. It's not laziness. It's NOT.



Anyway, if you've landed here, first of all, thanks. Second of all, um... thanks. And third of all, leave me a comment so that I can get the sound of crickets out of my head.



So, here's my plan. While I'm enjoying painting a wide variety of subjects, I've decided to narrow my focus. If you're laughing at the idea of me even having focus, well then, that just shows how well you know me.



Wait! Focus!



Custom pet portraits. That's where I'm going with this. So if you really love your dog or cat or hedgehog or iguana or horse and would like to have a custom watercolor portrait of your fuzzy or scaly or prickly friend, let's talk.



I work on 140lb watercolor paper, using fantastic artist grade paints by Graham's, Daniel Smith and Windsor and Newton.



I work from your photographs. Obviously, the better the photo, the better the painting. I prefer to see several photos of the same subject. You know your pet, and I probably don't, so I can't paint what I don't see.



An 11x14 custom portrait, unframed, is $300 and my turn-around time is currently 4-6 weeks. If you absolutely need another size, let's talk about it. For you super-organized types, it's not too early to start thinking about Christmas. You wouldn't believe what a great gift a custom painting makes.


Okay, that's it. That's what I'm doing. Tell your friends. Tell your enemies. Tell the guy who makes your coffee down at Starbucks. Then shoot me an email at glorybeefarm@live.com and let's get started!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know your thoughts!