4/30/09

I want to have a good body, just not as much as I want to have dessert.


Okay, so, I'm a fair baker, but what I really like is going to my friend Karenpie's house and having her organize everything and say, "Lisa, do this. Lisa, do that." I know it's weird, but that's what works for me. I'm an excellent assistant. I don't want to be in charge. I want to help. So Monday, that's what I did. I helped. I went to Karenpie's house to make the most tastiest little morsels ever dreamed of. I'm serious. I ate so many of them that I actually uttered the words, "I'm never eating chocolate again." After Karenpie and I stopped rolling on the floor and wiped the tears from our eyes, we each had another cake ball. Hey you don't build up the kind of endurance we strive for by quitting at the first sign of sugar overload. Don't worry. We're both very commited.

Okay, so here's what we made. Cake balls. If you haven't checked out Bakerella.com I'm going to start seriously wondering what's wrong with you. That's where you learn to make things that are chocolate and pink and cute. Can't beat it, I'm telling you. Cake balls come in many, many forms. Check out bakerella to see them all. Here's what we did.
First we (and by we, I mean Karenpie, but you knew that, didn't you?) fill little molds with melted Ghiradelli chocolate, so that they basically form the shape of a reese's peanut butter cup. Then, we dropped in a little ball made of cake and frosting mixed together into kind of a dough. Again, chocolate. Duh. Then, after that had set up, we dunked them upside down in melted pink candy melts, sprinkled them with sprinkles and topped the whole deal off with a pink m&m. Yup. That's pretty much all I need to eat from here on out.
Then, being the genius bloggers that we both are, we spent large quantities of time pursuing the perfect photograph of the little morsels. Karenpie, I am still experiencing extreme camera envy, so, if I were you, I'd keep a close eye on that Canon whenever I'm around. I'm just saying.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ho, ho . . hee . . . hee, uh, burp. It was fun and we so ROCK at cake balls. Sugar overload endurance? I'm still laughing . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know your thoughts!