11/6/08


Okay, I've been totally neglectful of this blog. My humble apologies and sincere promises to do better.

:) Here's a little picture of Paris and Gidget playing together on one of the last beautiful, beautiful October days we got this year. I feel quite sustained and ready to face the dismal winter after the completely perfect October we had. Of course, in February I will deny ever having said this.

For those of you who are wondering, my book project is progressing very nicely. I'm kind of astonished that I have a little artistic talent that I never knew about. I'm really enjoying making this project very visually appealing. I'm still thrilled to get recipies and whatnot from all of you to include, so if you have something that you think would be perfect, send it to glorybeefarm@live.com.

I'm staying very busy filling in for a woman at Firm Foundation whose husband was in an awful dirtbike accident several weeks ago. His name is Jim Gribe and I know that his family would appreciate your prayers for his recovery.

My wonderful friend, Stephanie email-ed me the best web site EVER this moring. Check it out if you get a chance. It's www.thepioneerwoman.com. I'm sure that this woman and I are related, and I want to be her when I grow up. Love her style.

Finally, here is a poem that I think is perfect for the dismal, rainy November weather we're having.

November, brooding, won't admit

That lush October bothers it

A bit-no, not a little bit.

It shrugs a bony shoulder

And, murmuring "I'm older,"

Insists in chilly cheerless tones

There's wisdom in its seasoned bones.

Stripped bare of gaudy, bright pretense,

I grant its comments make some sense,

And handsome is as handsome does-

But, oh, what joy October was!

-Maureen Cannon

Stay tuned next post for my world famous, award winning recipe for Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake. Coffee and dessert all wrapped up together. It's worth the effort!