2/13/09

Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.


Wow. I am completely overwhelmed by an urge to reinvent my living space from top to bottom. I can't seem to get over it. I even day dream about buying a new house just so that I will have a fresh canvas to organize and decorate. Is this normal? Does anyone else ever feel this way? Maybe I've been reading too many decorating books. I wan't to throw out 90 % of what I own. I want every one of my belongings to be the exact right thing that just makes me happy to look at it. I want my house to be sparkling clean at all times, welcoming, cozy and charming. I want my friends and family to walk in the door and know exactly who I am by exploring my house. Well, actually, they can probably already do that. They walk in and think, hmm... This house belongs to a busy mom who spends her time enjoying her family, even if it means it's been a little too long since the floors were swept. What I really want, though, is for them to say, hmm.. This house belongs to a busy mom who spends her time enjoying her family but still has time to keep a sparkling house, have delicious, creative, healthy meals every day of the week, is creatively fulfilled and well read, and still has time to put her feet up. As soon as I figure out how to be that woman, I'll post my secrets on this blog and we can all be the envy of soccer moms everywhere. Don't hold your breath.